Friday, August 21, 2026

Stitched Stocking Christmas in August Card

 Hello and T.G.I.F!  Today I'm sharing my very favorite of the Christmas bundles and DSP.  Unfortunately at the moment the DSP is out of stock but should be coming back soon!  If you are a fan of all things quilted, you'll love this one too!



I absolutely adore this stamp and die set!  To make the stocking, you need to cut the backer stocking as well as the smaller stitched stocking.  I cut mine out in Basic White but I think Real Red would have looked awesome as well.  There is a little stitched square included in the dies that you can use to cut assorted squares out of the DSP.  When you adhere the stitched squares, you can turn over the stocking and cut around the curves to make them all fit.  For the top portion, I used the cardinal image in one of the squares of DSP and cut the smaller stocking out again trying to center your cardinal in the upper portion... I cut it perfect the first time!  It is so much easier than it sounds.  Maybe I should do a quick video next time.  I adhered the quilted stocking to the larger backer stocking.  I cut out some holly leaves with a small piece of the darker green DSP and used a scrap of real red cardstock for the berries.  I adhered the finished stocking and holly onto a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of DSP with Dimensionals.  I was so happy with the finished product and did not want to cover it up with a large sentiment so I grabbed the Pretty Poinsettia bundle and used the smaller "Bright Christmas Wishes" sentiment.  I heat embossed the sentiment in White on Real Red Cardstock and cut both ends at an angle. The middle portion of the sentiment strip was adhered with multipurpose glue and I added a half dimensional to each end to be level with the stocking.  I adhered the DSP front onto a piece of 4-1/8" x 5-3/8" piece of Real Red Cardstock and then added that to an A2 Basic White Card Base.  I hope you loved this as much as I did!   I did not add embellishments or ribbon because this one had so much going on already!  My next card with this may go on a solid and embossed card front and embellished more.  

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Blessings, Tina


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment