Tuesday, September 4, 2018

SIP Challenge #166 - Buttons, Brads, and Sequins with SU Cross-Stitched Christmas

Hello and Happy Tuesday!  I know for many of us Tuesday will feel a lot like Monday since yesterday was Labor Day!  I did work for a while on Labor day but spent some time relaxing in the afternoon.  Oh and I did a bit of stamping as well!

This week's Stamp, Ink, Paper Challenge is Buttons, Brads and Sequins! 


I had a brand new Stampin' Up! stamp set that I wanted to play with called Cross Stitched Christmas!  I've seen a lot of cross-stitch look stamp sets and have been wanting to try one so when the Christmas Catalog from SU came out with this fun set I knew I had to have it.  If you are not a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, this stamp set will be available to you on September 5th!  


I still need to do a little work on lining this one up but I LOVE it!  I think I love it so much because I was never good at cross stitching!  I love that it gives you the look of stitching without the stress.  My color combination for this was Granny Apple Green, Real Red, and Call Me Clover.  I did some layering with the background being Granny Apple Green on Thick Whisper White Cardstock.  My back red layer was embossed using the new Corrugated Dynamic Embossing Folder.  I did use a button in Real Red to bring in the 3rd red element!  I thought it looked super cute with the white and silver twine tied in a bow.  For the upper layer of Granny Apple Green,  I used the Swirls and Curls Embossing Folder but only did partial embossing.  I added my stamped sentiment in Call Me Clover and button at the upper portion. I added a few confetti sequins to add another challenge element.  Super fun card that gives me lots of inspiration for more Christmas cards!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Blessings, Tina

1 comment: